Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 5th, 2010

One of my favorite things to do as a photographer is to shoot my friends - sounds terrible doesn't it? Shoot my friends . . . that aside, photographing friends is a great way to experiment with shooting style and processing techniques.


This is my buddy Derek - a fellow photographer - and good friend. I captured this while he and I were in New York City a couple weeks ago. Derek's passion for photography equals my own and he's a heck of a shooter. You can see some of his stuff here! This was processed using Adobe Lightroom 3.2 beta and then finished off in Adobe Photoshop. I wanted to give his image an grungy, monotone look given how close I shot in on his face - almost feels like I could make a movie poster out of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment